Monday 13 February 2017

SENSELESS KILLINGS IN NIGERIA - by: Godday Ojore Aghedo



When I read about the senseless killings of innocent people in northern states, parts of Enugu and Benue states, I can't but just imagine the terror, evil, wickedness, criminality and injustice at play. To deepen my pain, comes the knowledge that hardly had perpetrators of the monstrous AND HEINOUS acts been brought to the rebuking arms of the law. It is in Nigeria that I realized it is easier to arrest and prosecute militants and agitators who destroy public facilities/infrastructures to gain government's attention (which I strongly condemn though), than to at least round-up hoodlums, vampires, and inhuman entities who send HUMAN BEINGS to early grave. I think the proximity to the "crossroad" is definitely measurable, if at all, we are not yet there (at the "crossroad"). Where are the executives, the legislators, the judiciary, religious leaders, traditional rulers, civil society groups, freedom fighters, the voices of the voiceless, socio-political commentators, human right activists and even the past indigenous national and international leaders? Should I take it that their voices have been stolen from them or it has been consciously sold out? MAY GOD COME TO THE AID OF NIGERIA, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,

thanks for reading this article, I will like to have your feedback in the comment box, to help us improve. You are also free to share the link to this article or blog. Thanks